Talk to a few experienced nurses, and most of them will cite their own reasons for choosing this profession. However, there’s usually one thing in common – They love caring for people. If you think you have the ability to be practical, compassionate and can handle a demanding career, nursing is probably the best choice for you. Before you go ahead for check for a nursing school near Salt Lake City, check the 7 reasons why nursing is so rewarding as a career.
- Because the demand is constant. The demand for trained nurses is always on the rise, and more so because the healthcare sector is improving globally. If you want a job that is not threatened by recession, becoming a nurse is certainly the right step.
- Because you can choose to work as you want. Flexibility is one of the main aspects of a nurse’s career, and while the role itself is quite demanding for sure, you can choose to have a personal approach as how you want the job to be.
- Because you can work in different work environments. From practicing independently to working for government establishments and private healthcare units, there are just too many options for nurses.
- Because there is a career ahead. You can choose to get a doctorate in nursing and go ahead in research, or can get trained to be come a surgeon’s assistant. Your career as a nurse can take you to new avenues.
- Because the pay is great. The average salary of nurses in the US is more than satisfactory, and while the numbers may vary in each state, the pay is amazing and only expected to rise. You don’t have to worry about your income at the least.
- Because there are pathways for becoming a nurse. Have a bachelor’s degree already but want to pursue nursing? You can actually consider an accelerated nursing program, which can be completed in as little as 11 months.
- Because you don’t like the 9-to-5 job. One of the many reasons to choose nursing is the nature of the job itself. There is absolutely no reason why you have to work on a desk as a nurse. In fact, no two days on the job are ever the same, and it’s the constant challenge that makes the career even more fulfilling.
Check online for finding nursing schools near you and find more on available programs!